Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spike

I think most of the people who kow me have met Spike via the internet. He is my baby grandbird...a sassy 16 year old Cockatiel. Since he is truly an old man, his new vet wants him to have birdie yogurt every day to keep his digestion on track. I thought it was going to be hard to give it to him, but it is like birdie crack! He loves it, and begs for it every day.

He flies out of his cage and sits on my shoulder while he eats his yogurt. And, you never know where you are going to find it. In my ear, on my cheek, on my shirt. He gets too much at a time and it ends up under his beak, then he has to wipe if off somewhere. I am his own personal napkin. The worse part is when he decides to try to lick if off. And, he scolds me if I try to wipe it off first, and pretends he is going to bite me into pieces.

When he is done, he flies back into his cage and waits for his good boy treat. His new stunt is to show me his "eagle bird trick" before he goes back in. He puts his wings out and up and pretends he's an eagle! He's just too cute for words...

No comments:

Post a Comment